The conference seeks to reopen the debate on how to address the costs associated with having a disability. Speakers will highlight evidence of the direct, indirect and opportunity costs of having a disability and how official measurements of poverty do not consider these costs. The benefits to the economy and society of expenditure supports to households and person(s) with a disability will be explored.
Simon Harris, T.D., Minister of State at Department of Finance.
- Dr John Cullinan, J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics, NUI Galway
- Dr Dorothy Watson, Associate Research Professor at Economic and Social Research Institute
- Ms Claudia Wood, Chief Executive of DEMOS
- Mr Martin Naughton
- Ms Ita Mangan, Chair of the Tax and Social Welfare Advisory Group
- Mr Michael Taft, Unite the Union
- Ms Eileen Daly
The fee for this conference is €40. Places can be booked by going to the following link: http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/cost-of-disability-conference-tickets-12717994865?aff=eac2
A small number of places have been set aside for people on low incomes.
Full programme on www.inclusionireland.ie
For information about the venue please visit: www.hiltondublinkilmainham.com